Wednesday, March 25

!!!crAzY LA DaY!!!!

Well, life is back to normal.....DRAT!!! :)
Last week was so much fun! My best friend from West Coast, Kayla Stone, was visiting me for Spring Break! Aw man I have missed her so much! We were inseparable last semester! Everyone thought we were sisters or that we at least had been friends before school. We met at work, WCBC Kitchen Crew. In my life, I have found 3 friends that I automatically clicked with. Where it didn't take much work at all to get to know the person, and an immediate bond was formed! Kayla was like that! One of the people I know I will be friends with all through my adult life. It was so great to have her here for a whole week. We had many adventures and funny moments! Too many to share, and I doubt anyone else would find them quite so hilarious as we did! Much of the time we were just hanging out at home, trying to work on the tan! But we were also able to take some really nice, long walks; go to the mall and try on crazy outfits and beautiful formal dresses that we would never be able to wear; walk around town; and on Saturday go to LA!

Ah, Saturday was THE COOLEST DAY!!!. . .maybe ever?! We went to China Town which was so neat! Haha, Asians are so.....unique! LOL! Some of the stuff they sell in the markets, pretty funny! But we had some good times! Went down to Malibu and got lunch at a really good place called Malibu Seafood (really original!). It was pretty yummy, and we jay-walked across the PCH and ate down at the beach.. Haha, we finished eating and turned our back on our little picnic for about two seconds and then turned back to find every Seagull in Malibu sitting on our blanket pillaging our picnic! Kayla and I had finished our food but Matt still had about half of his (ginormous) tuna burger left! Oh well!

I officially have a new favorite beach! After we ate, we drove a few minutes further down the PCH and went to El Matador beach! Oh my word!!! Oh my stinkin' word! I will have to post some photos of it for you all! It was absolutely incredibly beautiful! It's pretty deprived of facilities (although there is a charming porter potty at the top, haha!) so it's not where you want to go if you are looking to be pampered. There is a path that leads down to the beach and a bunch of stairs and the first thing you see is this HUGE rock! GINORMOUS!!! There are rocks all along the beach and in the water! Smaller ones that you can climb over to get to other parts of the beach, and then bigger ones that you can walk under, or explore the caves in them! There are also some caves in the sides of the cliff! We walked along it for such a long time and nothing was left unexplored or unpoked! LOL! We saw so many starfish and mollusc's and other creatures that I have no idea how to spell! And Matt found some hermit crabs so was carrying one around for a while! Wow, it was so neat! So secluded, too. I love the beach, it's my favorite treat but one thing I hate is the other visitors! It's like they are all entered in a competition to see who can where the least amount of clothing without getting arrested for indecent exposure (which is pretty darn naked these days!). It's offensive so if I happen to be at the beach with my family or any other guys, it's all strategy...finding a spot to set up camp where everyone seems to be the most clothed and walking back on paths that avoid the skanky females. But there wasn't any of that at this beach. . .well at least not for Matt to worry about. Although Kayla and I did turn a corner around a large rock to be face-to-face with an old skinny man in a very little speedo! And he just smiled and said hi. Our reaction may have been deemed rude by the friendly nearly-naked man. Kayla quickly turned her face and I accidentally let out a loud gasp before looking down! Ah, it was so awkward!!! But other than that, everyone was fully clothed! There were photographers (Matt was one among a few), and a painter and couples sitting and having a picnic! We saw people as we walked along but they were few and far between! It was so nice! And the beach was beautiful!

After that we drove to Santa Monica, where we went down to the Promenade. That was pretty fun. Matt and I got our hands stamped with a free peace sign stamp and we are now part of the Peace Club!! haha, thanks to a couple of old hippie men! They were high!! :) We had parked pretty far away and so on the way back it was pretty scary as it was now dark and we had to walk past many dark corners and many homeless people getting their beds ready! Kayla was especially freaked and I was scared, too and Matt was making jokes! Ugh, in case of an ambush we were going to throw him towards our attacker and make a run for it! He's buff, he can fend for himself!! But praise the Lord (and no thanks to Matt, our "protector") we made it safely back to the car!

We finished off the night by a search for an Olive Garden back in downtown LA but to no avail so settled for California Pizza Kitchen which is not one of my fave's but was still pretty yummy! I give a shout-out "thank you" to our benefactor for that meal! :) haha. Then we had the long drive home which was pretty quiet as we all started to settle down now that our belly's were full and our tired bodies were out of the cold wind and in the warm car. Overall, it was the best day of my whole year!!! =D

5 comments:

  1. You are crazy to be in Santa Monica at night with only Matt for protection. Glad you had a good week though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I have been down at Santa Monica so many times at night. All the homeless people used to freak me out! I guess I am kinda used to them now, but I do still try to hurry past them when it's dark out. :)It's so weird that they all hang out there!
    I have never been to El Matador Beach, but sounds like I will have to check it out! Specially if the naked ppl avoid it. Sounds perfect. Seriously, people these days...
    Is it south or north of Santa Monica? (Santa Monica is my reference point for all beaches...everywhere. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah call me crazy Renae! What was I thinking?? :)
    Jen, the thing that made us feel creeped out first was that there were a couple guys that came out of a parking lot that were following us for a little bit, but then they went another direction.
    You should check the beach out for sure! It's north of Santa Monica. It's in Malibu, so it's probably 30-40 minutes north of Santa Monica. I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renae, I am insulted! I'll have you all know that I brought my two guns with me! AKA: WMDs. We were completely safe! ; )
    Overall, quite possibly the most legit day ever! Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would feel perfectly safe with Matt and his two guns (those crazy .22s he carries around are lethal).

    Jane, now you've given me a great idea for a family fun day. So, no naked natives at El Matador, huh? Sounds great! And Malibu Seafoods has been on my "research list" for a long time. I'm even more motivated to get there now!

    ReplyDelete