Wednesday, May 13

Ant Hill Tunnel

Yesterday I was talking to Jenna, and I realized I have not blogged in a really really long time, so I decided to write a quick blog since I am home sick and have nothing better to do! =D No, I just wanted to write something really quick to bring me back into the blogging world which I have been so out of for quite some time now. I feel so out of touch with everyone because I have not even read another blog for about a month!
On Monday I had my first day of monitoring for Mrs. Wilson's classroom, 5th and 6th grade. It was so much fun! I am going to start doing it every Monday! I had such a good time with those kids and it was cool to be in the classroom! I really like the way the LBA classrooms run because of the ACE curriculum. Working with the kids one-on-one really brought me back to my days of being a tutor, which I realized I greatly miss! It is slightly odd to be addressed as Miss Pardon!
Tuesday I went on the field trip to Kids Space with the elementary school. Now that was fun!!! I really enjoyed it! I was the leader for Jenna, Skylynn (spelling?), and Eileen. We ran all over that place! At first Sky was pretty scared in the rain drop tower, and forget getting her into the ant hill tunnel! But she held my hand and braved her fears and got over it! We climbed up the 41 ft. rain drop tower singing "Rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens....." at the top of our lungs, and after going up and then climbing back down, she decided these things weren't all that scary after all and by the time the day was through, she was dragging the three of us through the towers a second time and climbing through the dark and little ant hill tunnel again and again to help Cheyenne look for her lost money! I couldn't believe this little girl had been terrified of all of these exhibits at the beginning of the day, to now be leading the way through the same things! But, I guess that is what the fear of the unknown does for us!
Things are always so much scarier when we are looking ahead into a dark tunnel! We are just sure there is going to be something scary in there to grab us or eat us alive, or we will get lost in the dark and be trapped in there forever, never making it through! But then we brave our fear and climb into the little hole and keep going forward to come out in the bright and happy daylight on the second floor and be congratulated by all our friends! Just now as I am writing this, I am realizing that I do the same thing in my life! Right now, my future is really unsure! I am not at all sure even what state I am going to be in next month! And college? I don't even know if I will be there this fall! I have no idea what God is doing and I feel like I am looking into my life as an unsure, dark tunnel! It's scary! I don't know what's in there! What if I don't make it through? What if I get lost? But deep down I know that when I trust God and head into the "tunnel", He will guide me and get me safely through, and then I will come out on the other side safely, just like He promises, and just like I did in the scary ant hill tunnel yesterday! But I can't let this fear of the unknown paralyze me and keep me from trusting God and moving forward!

1 comment:

  1. You haven't even read BarBeQuethMinistry in the last month? You've got to get your priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete