Wednesday, April 22

Happy Earth Day to You!

Until about a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea that Earth Day is on April 22! Wow, how perfect does that get? God has quite the sense of humor! Let's see, you're thinking, your mind is scanning all your mental data-bases, trying to figure out what is so funny about today being Earth Day, but you are still left wondering why I am so tickled about this! Let me explain.....

My lil' bro and I are very different. Robb is the athletic child, while I am more artistic. He is a jock, I am a (so-called) hippie. Now come on, people. As much as I love nature and nothing compares with the great out-doors, I am not chaining myself to an endangered historical building or to a condemned tree. I do not go by the name of Sunshine (okay, actually Autumn/Star and Jess call me that), or Butterfly (okay, Alli calls me that), Bambi (wait, no, that's what Steph calls me), okay so I do have a lot of hippie nick-names, but I'm not getting high in my tye-dye VW van or going to Wood-Stock! I just love nature and I am upset by littering! But, Robb has always made fun of me for that! He calls me a hippie, an environmentalist, usually he puts dork or nerd on the end of those words, he kind of just throws out whatever name he can think of! :) So, when I found out that his birthday, he who has always given me crud for the little hippie I am, was born on Earth Day!!! Hahahahahah! Does anyone else find that extremely ironic and hilarious?! In his birthday card, I couldn't resist drawing a tree and him hugging it with a caption saying "I love you, Tree!" and I drew the recycle sign, Earth, the peace sign, hearts, flowers, and smiley faces. It was awesome!!! So, happy 16th birthday to my little brother! Love ya, bud! :)

4 comments:

  1. He is now officially "Earth Boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's awesome! I'm gonna call him that.
    Yesterday some lady (she must work here) came through the office and gave everyone stickers. She found me in the kitchen and said "Happy Earth Day, from Sister Spring" and she gave me a flower sticker. She was dressed in a flowery long dress with a wreath of flowers on her head. I think she might be the same lady who came in dressed COMPLETELY as an Easter Bunny - one week before Easter - and gave people chocolate eggs...there are some strange people here...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, PLEASE call him that! Ah, that would not only make my day...it may make my life! So funny! I am possibly enjoying this too much.....nah!
    Sister Spring? I love it! So funny! And wow, she doubles as the Easter Bunny? Awesome! I wonder if she does birthday parties? =D

    ReplyDelete