Tuesday, December 16

First Day at Home




Well, I just got home today! I felt sad to leave. One part of me was happy to be going home, spending time with my family, but the other part of me was sad. I am leaving all of my friends behind, and it's hard not knowing if I am coming back next semester. Since my family just moved from Spanish Fork, UT (yea, there's a good reason you haven't heard of it) to Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga, CA, all of my friends are in Utah or at school. And I am in neither place. But, I have my family, and I really do need to spend some time with them. The church they go to is a really good place, too. Lighthouse Baptist Church in La Verne. I visited there on Thanksgiving break, and the people there were very friendly. They seem to have a lot of kids my age, so maybe I will find some friends there. Besides, it is good for me to get away from the campus. I am tired, desperately needing a rest at this point. Things are great with my roommates, but I know that even though we are going to miss each other, the time away from the other four roomies is a needed blessing for all five girls. But, we did have fun together this weekend. We were just hanging out in the room and goofing off and taking stupid pictures and so on and so forth. As a result, we all grew closer together and I have some great material for future blackmail!!! So, a re-cap of the events that filled my life for the past week or so. . .WOW! Was that really only a week? It feels like so much larger of a time slot! But, no, it's been less than a week. Thursday was the start of finals, which would last until Tuesday, and since I was not taking finals yet, I didn't have to go to anymore classes following Wednesday, which was really fun. Although I did continue to panic at about 6 in the morning, feeling as if I should be getting ready to head out the door for breakfast and leave for class, but then I would calm down at the realization that my laziness and procrastination could last all morning, for I had no activities until chapel at 10:30.
Thursday night was a Caribbean Christmas, our banquet. It was so much fun! Without a doubt it was my best date ever, although I have only been on two, and the first one was so lame that I hardly count it as a date! But, Matt and I had a really great time together and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Kayla and Brittany and Rachel came with us, and it was fun to have a big group! We joked that Matt had four dates, which I think embarrassed him a little. Oh well, we got a kick out of it! ;) I worked like a dog Thurs. night through Sat., I felt as if I lived in the kitchen! It was fun though, and a blessing to get the extra hours. And since I didn't have class or finals, I could work until midnight and sleep in the next morning. So, it really didn't hurt me at all, in fact, I enjoyed working late at night. Not that I would want to make graveyard shifts a regular occurrence throughout the school year, but it is fun when it doesn't cost any sleep or energy! Saturday and Sunday night the church choir sang the Hallelujah chorus along with the church choir and accompanied by the church orchestra at the end of their Christmas musical. That was awesome! It was amazing to be a part of 300 other voices singing Handel's Messiah! Knowing it was our last Sat. and Sun. there, it seemed like the perfect ending! Monday night there was a basketball game. It was, for some un-known reason, the "White-Out" and everyone wore white. It was really neat! We won! We almost had 100, I think we ended at 97, which was about 15 (give or take a little) points ahead of Multnomah. After that, every dorm/floor had a Christmas party. The party for Sisk 2 was in the Cafe. We had a talent show, which Caroline and I won, with our song "My Fat Abides With Me". Our audience/dormies even demanded an enchor. It was really fun, especially when we got up there and saw that among our audience was our beloved Mrs. Blehm, which made it hilarious for me and very embarrassing for Caroline, which again, made it hilarious for me! ;) But, over-all, it was a great experience! Today I got up at 7, feeling very sick, hardly able to talk. The roommates were very stressed, no, strike that, FREAKING OUT! The room was mucho trashed and they were running around as chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get everything packed and out the door. I still hadn't talked to my parents, and I had no idea if the free-way was weather safe for travel, so at this point, I still had no idea when I was going to be picked up that day, or if even at all. Oh, the drama that plagues my humble existence, even so early in the morning! ;) But, my voice gradually came to me, the roommates left, along with their trash and bags, and I talked to my dad (and found out when this day I would be picked up). So, before long every problem was solved and I was able to have a carefree, even relatively lazy morning (which I do so enjoy in moderation). AMEN! So, now I am home. Growing very tired, but as I am sleeping on the pull=out couch and my family is still wide awake (seeing as how there is a Laker game on, although thankfully it is the fourth quarter, so the party will be over soon), I will not be going to sleep for a while. Oh well, it is only quarter to ten and I am not accustomed to hitting the hay until 11 each night. So, I am sure I will be able to make it longer! That is my story. I think my first blog ever is now drawn to a happy close. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up on this throughout the break, keeping myself, or my family and friends, or whoever may stumble upon and wish to read my lowly blog updated and maybe even entertained, as I am sure to either do something so embarrassing and dim-witted that merely imagining the act in one's head will bring a smile upon the face of both the easily-pleased soul and the most hardened person, or I will witness an act so humiliating and hilarious that I will view it as my civic duty to share it with the rest of the world by any means at my finger-tips, i.e. mass emails, text-messages, phone calls and emails, blogs such as this, and maybe even You-Tube if I am so lucky as to have a camera on hand. So, stay tuned and live peacably among all men in this joyful Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment