Sunday, December 21

My Amazing Weekend

I am continually amazed at how the Lord works! What I view as a bad thing, He uses for good! This weekend was awesome!
On Thursday night, we had the mid-week service at Lighthouse. It was really nice! They were having a Christmas special with Danny Thomas, A KeyBoard Christmas! It was nice, great music and nice to be back at the church. My parents have been going there for a couple of months and they really like it! I went there on a Sunday during Thanksgiving break, and really enjoyed it. It's nice, they even have a College and Career age group with about 15 faithful young adults, which is something they didn't have at Faith, so I was looking forward to visiting that class. Thursday I met some new people, and saw the Pastor and one guy there whom I had met before, and it was nice to see them again. The program was fun! As much as I love Lancaster Baptist Church, it is sooo big! Being from a church of 80 people, I really have been longing for that church family feel again, and just can't feel that way at LBC. But even though Lighthouse runs about 400, they have that family feel, and it was so nice! At one point in his program, Bro. Thomas called all the kids 6th grade and under onto the platform, with their parents keys and did Gospel Bells, it was cheesy, but so cute! I really enjoyed it!


Then Friday, Pastor Dunlop had a Christmas party at his home. We went over there at about 8:40 (after Dad got off work). Mom was sick, and couldn't come, which made me a little bit nervous. At this point, I still didn't know too many people there, especially not people my age. And even if I saw them, I probably wouldn't recognize them! Particuarly with the Fillipino's, they all look alike! :) But, I had a really nice time! At first I just followed Dad around, since Robb ran around with all of his friends as soon as we got there. But then a girl in the youth group, Heather, asked if I wanted to go outside with them. I went out there, and saw someone my age, so we talked for a while. I didn't know anyone else, so it was nice to see a familiar face, since I think I was cramping my brothers style!

The next night, we went to my Uncle George's house for a family Christmas party. It was really nice. Honestly, I am often intimidated when I go to see all my family. I don't even know what to do with myself, they are all such good friends, but I don't really know them, and don't know what to say or who to hang out with. But I ended up having a great time and tasting some really yummy desserts! As I was leaving, my family was so sweet! God really used them to provide for some needs, and to really touch my heart! I had a great time with them, and I love them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment