Saturday, April 11

~Camodes, Coffee, and Children's Class~

Today was an amazing day! I woke up this morning and took my dogs for a short walk. After that I came back and put some more hair dye in and tried to lighten my hair up some more. I think it worked a bit. Not the light brown I wanted, but at least it's a little bit different. Besides, with the sun becoming stronger, it is going to get much lighter soon anyways. I spent the largest portion of my morning cleaning both bathrooms and my grandma's bedroom (for which I got paid). Unfortunately, Grandma has a very particular way she likes the bathroom cleaned, and it takes so much longer. Much longer than I feel necessary! But alas, I was forced to clean it that way. But, her money, her way I suppose!

After spending the morning sticking my bare hand into the toilet bowl, I got to take my lil' sis Lauren out for a couple of hours! That was the best in the west! We have never hung out just the two of us girls. I don't know why we didn't ditch the boys sooner, it was so nice to go out and have some girl time! We went to Starbucks where I of course had a hot venti Apple Chai latte! Gotta be venti, baby! It's too good for anything smaller! Lauren had a Caramel Mocha Frappuchino, I think. We hung out there for a while then met Mrs. Wright at the mall. We talked about everything under the sun and were able to indulge in some girl talk which we have never been able to do since we're always with our brothers....so sorry guys, but we decided we like this girl time thing and are going to do it more often! We had a really great time together!

RU Kidz was good tonight. Matt was sick, which kind of stinks since he splits half of the program with me, but thankfully Raphael was there as usual, and Sarahjane was there tonight and offered to help so that was a blessing. A few of my kids were missing but we had four visitors so that was a treat and hopefully they will be back next week! I know at least two of them will be. We had 16 kids as it was, and that was missing 5 regulars! I realized that I have not given out any awards for attendance and the kids are supposed to get a star pin for when they are there 10/12 weeks and again when they have attended 20/26 weeks, but I have not given even one out. So tonight I realized that and made up for it. I had so many kids up there at the front receiving their back pay on the attendance awards and getting the ones due to them now, but it was pretty cool. I love it when the kids get awards in RU. I am so proud of them! Not that I had anything to do with them getting an award, mind you. Those kids work hard to complete the challenges they do and they do it without me, so I am not taking any credit for it. But it's very rewarding. I see my work paying off when I see some of them proudly, some with embarrassment walk up to Jodie and get their award. But I also see the look of excitement and pleasure on their faces, even if they wish they were not standing in front of people, and it makes the whole night worth it! It's so cool to their hard work paying off like that and to see how excited they are! Almost all of these kids come up to me during the week and tell me they're working on doing some challenges, or they've been writing their devotions down in their Walkie Talkie Journal, or those crazy over-achiever Nepomuceno kids are always telling me "I am almost done with my book!" haha! They do a good job! I guess what I am getting at is that I love RU Kidz!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, those Nepomucenos are the product of a stereo-typical, overbearing Asian parent who grounds his children for not earning a doctorate before they can vote. What?? They're only doing ONE book per week??

    They're dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jane, you're a great teacher! We love the class!

    Jeremy and Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Jay...I have been meaning to talk to you about their work ethic, actually. I didn't want to be the one to tell you they're slackers, but if it has to be done..... :)

    And thanks BBQ Kids! I am glad you guys love the class because I love having you in there! I appreciate all your hard work, your participation and good behavior!

    ReplyDelete