Friday, April 3

My Currently Reading's

I always have a long list of books on my "To-Read" list. At times it seems endless and is frequently added to by the recommendations of friends, the library, and websites. I am never reading just one book at a time. I read many, and they are usually from completely different genres...keeps it interesting.
These are the books that I am currently reading and I am thoroughly enjoying them all:
(in order that I started them)

*******

*This is a book that I bought at college, but being a full-time student did not have time to read.
Now that I am out of school I finally have time to read it!
It's a book for teenage girls and young women about preparing for adult-hood. It is packed full of strong Biblical truth and has taught me so much, and really helped me grow through some very difficult times in my life.*



*This book was so strongly recommended to me that I was practically commanded to read it! I have had it for quite a few weeks now but am only in part 2 because I just found it after it was lost for so long (which would stink since it's from the library!). Turns out it was in my car the whole time! But I have picked it up again and it's really good! Really big....but intensely good!*


*This was one of the books I had for college but did not end up taking the class it was required for. The other day I was looking through my books and this one really interested me when I saw it so decided to read it and it has been really good so far! I am learning a lot from it, even though I don't have any children to apply it to, I find it comes to mind when I am dealing with children, or even adults. The book is about the 4 different learning styles people have and how we all learn. I really like it. I am an Abstract Random Global learner.*


*Wow, a simple classic like this needs no introduction. Lately I have just had this strong hankerin' to read Montague vs. Capulet. :) Most definitely one of the best love stories ever written. The passion, the drama, the music, the hatred, the love, all the fiery components that come together to keep the reader (me!) on the edge of their seat! Need I say anymore?*

*******
What are you all reading right now?
Anyone have any more stellar To-Read's for me?


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I have always wanted to read The Iliad and The Odyssey...maybe I will check them out now! I need to read "Romeo and Juliet" too because I really don't know much about the story and we are probably going to see it at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre while in London! Now I need to go to the library! :)
    Not reading anything at the moment...well, a fiction book that I forget the title of...and my Bible. I would def recommend that last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! S'right! You BETTER finish Iliad! #1 war novel EVER! Achilles is so sick...
    Romeo & Juliet, eh? Funny that it's one of the most famous, and yet I've never read it before...
    Serious, Jenny? You're going to the Globe? Sounds pretty stinkin legit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, a lot of people I know (including myself) have never actually read Romeo and Juliet and yet it's one of the most well known and most commonly referred to and quoted plays/love stories of all time! Crazy!

    And Jen, you should get Iliad! The first page took me 30 min. to comprehend, but from there it was smooth sailing! And are you trying to make us all jealous by bringing up your trip?! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, oh most def! no it's just that I thought it was funny you mentioned it since Melinda wanted to go see it and I had just been telling her that I needed to read it first. :)It wasn't something that I would have thought of doing...

    ReplyDelete