Thursday, April 9

Recap

It's only Thursday, but so far I am having a very enjoyable week. Of course there have been a few not so groovy moments, but overall: "glorious"! Here is a recap of my week thus far:

~Monday: Hung out with Tim, Robb, and SJ. We ate lunch here and goofed off for a wee bit. Then we went to a pretty park in Rancho and played on the play ground, and saw some scary ducks and a cute turtle in the lake (which turned out to be more of a large pond). But then, tragedy struck! Tim was thrusting his knife into the tree to see how far he could get it in and I was trying to pull it out. I just could not seem to yank it out from this poor, suffering tree so Tim said "Let me do it" and tried to grab the hilt. At that exact moment, I wiggled the knife and successfully pulled the blade out of the trunk! But Tim had tried to grab it and did not have a firm grasp on the hilt, so the blade swept right through his hand, slicing his finger on the way! AH! He dropped to his knees, gripping his hand as he stifled a moan, or perhaps a loud yell, and grimaced in pain, all the while saying he was okay. He held it under water at the drinking fountain and we got a shirt from his car and tore it up to wrap around his hand. Once we got to my house we bandaged it up. It was very deep. He needs stitches but refuses! Fine! It's all fun and games until someone loses a.....finger? Then Monday night was Lord's supper. I have not been involved in this for so long! Last time was April 08, so a whole year! But that was in Utah, then they had it again in July, but I was working at Treasure Mountain at that time so wasn't around for it. Then I went to college and we didn't have it there, and this is the first time LBC has had it since I've been a member. So it was really good to partake in the service again. So good to dedicate a service to remembering the blood and body Christ sacrificed for us.

~Tuesday: Hung out with Tim, Robb, Ashleigh, and SJ. Went to Victoria Gardens, In & Out, and then Ontario Mills. It was a jolly good time! "Paper cut, I think I'm bleeding!!" hehe


~Wednesday: Went to a job fair that turned out to be more of a career fair since it was more colleges advertising than jobs. But that's okay....I guess it wasn't a complete waste of my morning....right? Prayerfully God will bless my effort! Wednesday night.....the highlight of my week thus far!! Met a group over at Raphael's house and got pizza (praise the Lord because I was starving!!!) and watched some......drum roll please!...... INVADER ZIM!!!!! YAY! Ah, I
do
ubt most of you (if any) have ever heard of this show! And I am sure some of you would not like it if you had, but to me.....I love it! It's a cartoon about an alien named Zim that is always messing up things back on his planet, so they send him to earth on a pretend mission just to get rid of him. He thinks he is scoping Earth out for destruction, but it's all a big scam! Meanwhile, his neighbor Dib knows he is an alien and is trying to reveal that fact to the world, but alas, his plans are always foiled! But they have many exciting wars and adventures, and largely due to his messed up robot, Gir, the show has many funny moments! I die laughing! In between episodes and eating, we stopped to go door-knocking at the church then went back to his house and finished up the night with some more food for some, more Invader Zim, and The Village. It was pretty legit and our group (Raphael, Renae, Andrew, Ashleigh, Matt, Ricky, Sarahjane and I) was a rad one, so that helped make the night awesome!

~Thursday: I have a new best friend.....skinny jeans!!! I have never worn them because I didn't think I would be able to pull them off, but today as I was leaving the house I was thinking how uncomfortable my jeans are and so I never wear them. At Aeropostale they are having some pretty awesome sales right now and they had a couple racks full of jeans 70% off! They had one pair I liked in my size so I tried them on, not realizing they were skinny jeans. But they are super comfy, and I surprisingly like the fit! Not sure why I am running on about them, I guess I just really like them! Besides....I got them on sale for $13 from $45......doesn't get much better!!! After that I ran to Wal-Mart and got some hair dye. I like my red hair, but I am tired of the up-keep and what happens to red when it fades....an odd pinkish tone. Not what I am goin' for with my hair, so I decided to go brown instead this time. I was going to dye it a dark brown, but my parents convinced me to go back to lighter hair, so I picked up a light brown. I even left it in early, but to no avail! After taking about an hour to dye, rinse and blow-dry, I looked in my mirror and saw the same color I have been seeing for the past 4 months!!! Ugh! Kind of disappointing after I was expecting brown. The red was hardly penetrated! I still have dye left so I am going to try again tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will either go for a dark brown, or I will go to a salon and ask them to take out the red and make it lighter brown. We'll see!


Then of course church was very good tonight. Pastor preached about prayer. Stressing the point that although we need to be praying for our own requests, we need to stop focusing on self and pray for other people. It was very good! So that has been my week. Tomorrow I have to do some cleaning around my house, and prepare for RU Kidz, and I absolutely can't forget to pick SJ up for RU! haha! Really looking forward to tomorrow! Saturday is soul-winning and I don't have anything else going on (anybody got any ideas?! :D) then Sunday I have church all day! Yay!!! I love Sundays! Then the Harvey's house, which is always super fun on Sunday nights! Then.....Monday.....at least, isn't that what usually follows Sunday? Does anyone know if that's the order for this next week? Hopefully.....

2 comments:

  1. YOu could always come and visit me with Ruth! she works until 2 on Sat so she won't be haeding down here until around 2:30 or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Alta Loma CA area? Come see World Vision Experience: AIDS – Hillside Church, 5354 Haven Ave, Alta Loma. Opens on May 15th.

    ReplyDelete