Tuesday, February 10

If

These are some lyrics that I wrote Feb 9, '09. They don't have a tune quite yet, but I am working on it! It's not completely true, but most def inspired by and contrived from a true story!


~IF~

You said that we were best friends, and someday maybe more.
You made my heart come alive like no one had before.
But that was all pretending, you put on such a play!
The things that drew me to you once, now drive me away!

If you had a car, I'd roll it off a cliff!
If you had a house, I'd graffiti my name all over it!
If you sent me flowers, I'd smile as they lit!!!
Even though we're moving on,
I can't let you forget!

I can't believe I fell for that! All your dirty tricks!
I fell under all your spells with a simple finger prick!
But now the magic's over, the truth so hard to miss!
Our love story came crashing down
With Reality's first kiss!

If you'd written me letters, I'd throw them all away!
If you had best friends, that is who I'd date!
If anyone cared, I'd tell them all you're gay!!!
But all I can do is walk away!

Why'd you have to do this? Is it just your way?
You took an awesome friendship,
You had to have it your way! What'd you think I'd say?
Push, and Push,
But in the end you just pushed me far away!
Why me? Why now? Why us?
How could you betray my trust?
But now I'm moving on, moving on,
And I'm not turning around!

If you come back, the answer is NO!
If you ask me to stay, I'm still gonna go!
If you want a second chance, I will leave you alone!
I'm moving on, and I won't turn around!

2 comments:

  1. I Love it! I'm thinking you should add a bridge. Maybe something along the lines of "Just kill me! Kill me! Put a bullet to me h---e---a---d!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So funny!!! Yea, I think that would work in there! Haha! Good times! Now that will be stuck in my head for the rest of my life...probably!

    ReplyDelete