Thursday, February 19

Really Big Slide!!!

Well tonight I am on my own.....in an empty house in Pomona. Yep. But it's okay, the doors are locked and the doggy door is blocked off, but I honestly don't think those are necessary precautions. I think I may feel secure in this unfamiliar house all by myself in the middle of the night not because I have 2 amazingly humongous guard-dogs...no! Because I have the cat from, well, not heaven, that's for sure! For serious folks, this cat is not to be messed with! It is a hissing, innocent-house-sitter-mauling beast! Goes by the name of Fletch, but I think it's really Legion.

I am house sitting for the Harveys from this afternoon (Thursday) until Sunday night. Yep, 'tis pretty exciting. I have the place all to myself, and I am enjoying that so far, I guess. It does feel slightly empty, even with their 2 huge and overly friendly dogs Calvin and Titus, but it is kind of fun. And tomorrow night my lil' sis' and I are having a girls night, and I'm pretty stoked for that! Candy, soda, girl movie, games, the works! It'll be stellar!
And wow, these are the biggest dogs I have ever seen. Calvin looks more like a big, dopey bear than a dog, and supposedly he is quite small for his breed. And Titus is an American Bulldog, and is likewise HUGE, but I guess he is large for his breed. I don't know about all that, I just know I have never seen a bigger dog, well, not with my own eyes at least.

Hm, so last night some friends and I finger-painted, which was so cool! I haven't finger painted for about a year, and so it was fun to paint again! Oh and then we drove on the wild side and got lost, and then were really dangerously cool and went through the Jack-In-the-Box drive-through backwards, and covered in paint (how'd that happen?). Oh yea, we're bad. Then we watched Lady in the Water, and honestly I was disappointed. I've seen it before, and for some reason was remembering it as being scary. But I was not scared at all last night! And I only jumped once during the movie! It was still good, just not as thrilling as I remembered. It's like going back to your elementary school playground to see the "Really Big Slide", and the "Super High Fire-Man Pole" that everyone was scared to slide down, it was so high. But you go back and the slide lasts about 1 second, and you get no rush from it at all, and you have to scoot your way down it because you don't slide all the way to the bottom. Then you run over to the pole, and it's not all that high. In fact, by simply reaching your hand up (and maybe standing a little on tip-toe for some of us, including me!), you can touch the top! You try sliding down it, but your feet touch the bottom before you can even think about enjoying it! It's not that this visit to your old playground has ruined all of your child-hood memories there, but they are maybe not so exciting and adventurous as they were before. That is how it was watching the movie last night. I still enjoyed the movie, I still like it. But is it as cool as I thought? No, it's not. I am left slightly disappointed. Some things are better left remembered. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment