Monday, February 9

The Secret of What You Do to Me~

Alright, so yesterday was a super great day at church! We had another split session for Sunday school, and Miriam finished teaching us about Worry from Matthew 6:21-34. It was really good. We do that, especially females. I am really not into profiling or stereo-typing like that, but it's true. As women, we do seem to worry a lot more than men! So the lesson was really helpful!! Always a great challenge! The evening service was moved up to 3 because Pastor and many others were leaving that evening for the Philippines. After the service, we had the LBA cafe and watched a cheesy BJU movie. Well, watched is such a loose term! We talked to whole time! But it was really fun! Then after that, a bunch of us stood around talking for the longest time, even though we'd been kicked out of the building and it was freezing outside! So Matt, Lauren, Sandra, Ricky, Robb and I all went to In & Out, then Barnes and Noble. When we walked in, we walked past those security scanners that are at most places now, but for some reason, I set the alarms crazy! Kind of weird, so just shrugged and walked past. Then we walked into the back section, and through more scanners, and again, alarms go nuts! They asked if we had been shopping at Old Navy or had any Old Navy on. The answer was no. I guess Old Navy has a security thing in their clothing that sets off their alarms, but I had none of that brand on. So again, just shrugged. Then I was about to go look at some books, and had to walk past again. This was the first time I had walked through alone, so I thought maybe it would turn out I was not the cause of the alarms, but no! They go crazy again! Then a while later when we left, they again go insane! We died laughing! I still have no idea why, but Ricky suggested that maybe it was the braces! LOL!!!
After that, we still had time to kill, so we went to Wal-Mart, oh yes. Major hot-spot! So we hung out in there, and found some stellar glasses for Matt (he thought they were too big, though, but I think he liked the pink sparkles), and a really stellar pink pandora for Ricky! They looked so cool! Yea, so that was my day! It was really fun!

So I have decided to post some poetry! I wrote this poem December 3rd of '08. I hadn't let people read it, but have decided it's okay to share. I wrote it at school, it's the only thing I wrote all semester, besides homework, that is! Haha!

~The Secret of What You Do to Me~

Deep, dark, hidden inside.
Secrets kept even from my own eyes.
In my heart of hearts, I held onto this truth.
But it never reached the surface of my conscious mind.

When you keep secrets as long as I, you become a pro, a wiz, a master of disguise!
I turned the lock, and threw away the key,
But over time, it's whereabouts where even hidden to me!

Oh which way did my heart go? Which road did it take?
I was content with my resolve, then you jolted me awake!
What happened to the wall that took so long to build?
What I thought was made up firmly of bricks,
You blew over like a house of sticks.

Not sure how, but with the clocks slow ticking hand,
You've disarmed me as tide to the sand.
Afraid to trust again, I knew I couldn't let you in.
No! I wouldn't be hurt again!
But as the tide insistently, relentlessly crashes on the sand,
And washes away the tired, outer layers,
So you came into my life, nad pushed your way into my inner soul.
You waltzed right in, unbeknownst to me,
Bringing my false, naive security crashing down to it's knees!
(Never to be fully restored)

Do you even know? Would it matter at all?
Or did I scare you away with my untrusting wall?
Look down at what you're holding, in your hands.
Do you see it? It's small, nothing great or grand.
But it's my heart, nad you're holding it,
And to be honest, it hurts!!!
My heart bleeds everytime you leave me to go flirt!
I know I say I don't care, but you see,
I still have to hide.
The secret of what you do to me must stay locked up inside.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 comments:

  1. Hey I really like your poem! I am glad you had a good time at church and hanging out with friends yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I had the greatest time! It's great to unwind and have some fun before Monday! LOL!!! I have cool friends, even though Ricky kept making fun of me for being young and white! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricky's racist. They're all racist.
    lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I FOUND YOU I FOUND YOU!!! I FINALLY FOUND YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um yea, Jen, Ricky kept making fun of me for being white tonight, too! What a brat!!! Haha!

    And Jireh, what do you mean you FOUND ME!!! ?

    ReplyDelete