Thursday, February 12

Swords, Cookies, and ADHD

So I just took a quiz to see if I have ADHD. Just something random that Matt told me to take. And here is my result!!!

Serious ADHD Likely!

Pretty funny, I guess I can kind of see it. I mean I have a lot of trouble focusing sometimes, mostly with my train of thought. I always thought that I was just lazy and unmotivated, but that actually makes sense! It's a real quiz, too, from a psych care place! I scored 23, which is really high, since 16 and up is considered possibly serious ADHD, I am on the high end of serious! Haha! So according to them I could have a sever condition, but I have lived with it for 19 years and it's no big deal to me, so I think I can continue to cope. And it's not a diagnosis, just a fun quiz! I pretty much don't care! I would never put myself through the trauma of going to the doctors evil lair, just so they can stress me out with tests, and put me on some pills....as if I need another addiction!!!

So last night was super fun! Robb and I hung out with Matt and Lauren, and that was colossal as always!! They came to our house and we ate dinner then went to Montclair Plaza. We wanted to got to Victoria Gardens, but it was waaaay too cold! So we opted for an indoor mall. While there, we went to the Disney Store, and it was so exciting!!! We found THE PERFECT wedding dress for Lauren. It was a Giselle dress, from Enchanted, the wedding dress she has from cartoon world. It looked beautiful on her! And we found a really cute HSM cheer leading costume for Matt. Then we went to the back of the store where this lovely and huge mound of stuffed animals was piled high greeting us and screaming JUMP ON ME!!! I thought about it, but decided against the jump. Matt however couldn't help it, and leaped onto the mound, only to land on a hard surface and find out it was not a mound of animals, they were just one layer of them stacked on a platform, ouch! Haha!
Then we went into Elements of Earth, and that was pretty cool! I love those stores, they're so much fun! The swords are so cool, and I love the fountains, the aroma therapy, the odd figurines, and the random wigs and tassles! So much fun! The girl working there had quite the mouth on her and was hitting on Matt, although I don't know if he noticed, but it was pretty funny! Fun!!
When we first walked past Hollister, we were very abrubtly flashed by the male mannequins that had been, uh, de-pantsed!!! Yep, just standing there, modeling tops-only since the pants had been yanked down to the knees. Pretty awkward, but also hilarious! So our immature selves had a good chuckle at it! Then when we walked past it a second time, there was a teenage guy out front and he was pulling down the rest of the pants, including the female mannequins. So I stopped the group and went over to the kid and said in a mad voice, "Come here!" "What?" He said, and tried to look innocent. I kept telling him and motioning for him to come follow me into the store. "I saw what you did! I'm telling. That's not cool, let's go!". He just kept saying "What?" He was so scared, so finally I told him I was kidding! The relief that flooded over the poor saps face! So funny!! He said he was waiting for me to walk into the store so he could run away! The kid will never undress a statue again, at least not without looking over his shoulder! LOL!
So, that is my excitement! Tomorrow I am helping Lauren make cookies for the rescue mission-our parents Sunday School class is going Saturday night. I am not good in the kitchen, I have been known to cause many accidents and much harm, and my food isn't all that good. But I told her I could measure stuff and stir and clean up, and cheer her on!!! Haha!
That's my contribution!

2 comments:

  1. ADHDers unite! Haha! Man, good times posted above. You're right, I really DIDN'T notice that girl either! How could I when YOU were with me?? :) Hehe! That mannequin story makes me laugh to remember! He kept trying to play it off as if he didn't hear you. He shoulda guessed the way you kept laughing! Ah, makes me smile...
    And about the cookies you guys made...well, at least we made lotsa memories! (And maybe a coupla bruises...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really was smiling big while I was talking to that kid. He was just so scared he didn't notice! Lucky for me! How often does an opportunity like that come along? For serious?

    ReplyDelete