Thursday, February 5

Lions, Pirates, and Bats OH MY!!!!

Well today has been really stellar, and it's only half-way through! Of course, my day started early this morning, much earlier than it had to! The LBA Lions had a basketball tournament in Long Beach all day today, so my family and I were driving down there. We had to be at the church at 7, which meant leaving at the blessed hour of 6:30, which of course would be more blessed if still asleep, rather than up and about! But we piled into the car and went off down the 210! We were driving along, when dad suggests to Robb that he call someone to let Coach know that we may be there a little bit after 7, and not to leave without us! So Robb calls Ryan, who is still asleep at Tommy's house, and he informs Robb that they are not meeting at the church until 9. So Robb calls Coach and as it turns out, the tournament has been cancelled and they only have one game in Long Beach today, which we do not have to leave for until 9 from the church. At this point, we are at Fruit St, which is our exit for La Verne. So we just make a U-turn (after exiting the free-way of course!) and head home. Oh well! So I got some extra time in my Bible, which was a blessing, and then was able to watch a couple minutes of the Office before heading back out into the rain and over in La Verne for Round 2!!! Robb got out and hopped onto the Magic School Bus (did anyone else watch that show growing up???) and Matt Wright came and rode down with us. I had convinced him and Raphael to go so we could have a very important RU Kidz staff meeting.
Last week in RU Kidz was very very rough, so we really needed to get together and sort things out, since we are all new to this! And Matt and I have gotten to know each other a little bit on Facebook, but have not really talked in person much yet, so it was fun to hang out today. And I know this may not come as much of a suprise to some of you since we look a lot alike, but in contemplation of the matter, Matt and I have come to the great realization that we are related! We are not sure how yet, but there is a definite family connection. And he and even Lauren have so sweetly welcomed me into the family! It is so nice to get some family connections in the church, I always knew I was Filipino deep down inside!!! But we had a great time exchanging near-death experiences and funny stories on the way down to Long Beach, and it made the trip very enjoyable!
We watched the first half of the game, which honestly was not going too well.

Then at half-time, Raphael, Matt and I went outside to have our first very important grown up business-like top-priority RU Kidz meeting. Last week was so rough. It was the first week we were all in there together, and we had some new kids, and honestly, the night left us feeling beat up. We are lucky to make it through alive! I believe that during the week, some of the children may have been planning a mutany. So, to make sure nothing of the sort happens, the 3 of us devised a plan to conquer the galaxy!!!! Muhahahahahahaha! Okay, so the plan is not completed yet, but we're in Phase 1 of the devising! It is going to be super stellar, but we're not quite there yet. But it's coming along, and one day soon, the 3 of us will truly be an unstoppable force of leaders and rule the world (or at least RU Kidz!) :)!!! The meeting left me very excited!!! We talked outside for a while....all the way throu
gh half-time and made it back inside with a minute left of the 4th quarter, and we were forced inside by the rain. It took all that time to accomplish what we did because, and I am serious when I say this, I believe we all have ADD. One of us has been diagnosed with it, and the other two have not, but by the symptons, it's a pretty safe bet. But we are going to be an awesome team of leaders! Unstoppable! Like the 3 pirates, or 3 ninja's, or 3 muskateers, or wait, no....better!!.......Batman, Robin, and Batgirl! Whoo Hoo!!! Yes, there we go! I guess that would make me Batman, lol! So I am very excited because we have great plans in the works, and I think, with God's help, we are going to put together a great program! We are very excited and I think we will work great together! God has a way of bringing people together, and we all work good together, so I am super psyched! This is going to be psychadelic!!!

Oh, yea, and by the time we got back into the gym, the game had a minute left. The game ended 62-48, Long Beach won. But, you have to give our team props! They did a good job against this team. It's not like these are little pansies we're up against. They are Cambodian (which must count for something, right?), and they also have the fact that their coach is Hitler! I mean, these kids don't play any sports besides basketball, and they live and breathe it! As soon as the game was up and their post-game-meeting was over, they were running laps and practicing! Now that's intense!!! No wonder they're so good! Man alive! But our boys did good, and had a good attitude! I am proud of them!!!!

Well, I think that is about it. I have a few things to do before church tonight. I am helping in Kings Kids tonight and am excited about that. I really love working with kids and teens, so I am really thankful for every opportunity I get to help out in these areas!!!



7 comments:

  1. S'long as I am Robin... : )
    No worries! We will most def rule the galaxy, but it takes a little time! I'm sure it won't be long until we complete the planning stage and ultimately our quest for takeover and supreme domination of the lesser species! It's most def challenging, but exciting and instructional at the same time! And for the record, the Three Musketeers was technically about the 4th guy who was even one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take time, but we are extremely stellar super-heroes of the 21st century! RU Kidz is our Gotham, nananananananana nananananananana BATMAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, poor RU kids...they probably don't even see it coming... :)

    You guys had already left for the church when he called? We all thought that you were still at home and we were relieved....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, we were at Baseline, which is the exit before Towne Ave when he called, then by the time he called the Wilson's to see what the story was, we were at Fruit!!! So we just made a U-Turn after exiting the 210 and got right back on! But oh well!

    And of course they don't see it coming....that's the point! It's stealth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I've known your partners in crime for a long time. They're strange. Tread carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! Take Jay's advice! He most def knows what he's talking about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I consider myself warned! I pretty much can guess the danger with Matt, something about him seems vaguely familiar, like maybe we're...nah, we couldn't be twins! ;) But I will tread carefully! Sounds pretty risky! Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete